Looking For Recipe For Swiss Tart

Does anyone know of a recipe for a little cake called a Swiss Tart? I had it years ago in a big cook book (now long gone). I've Googled, but the only ones I can find are for things called Swiss Chard tart. Not the same thing.

These were baked in paper patty pans. They were very crisp and 'short' tasting, and consisted of few ingredients, confectioners sugar, I think, custard powder and butter-melted. There may have been something else. You put them in the patty pans in a swirly design, and when they were baked you add a little red jam, or half a preserved cherry to the top of each one. Anyone have this recipe? Thank you!

Ellie from Melbourne, Australia

Best Answer

Look in the direction of Pecan Pie tarts-- the crust sounds much like your Swiss Tart-- and the red jam would go well, too.

I'm guessing that your paper patty pans are our (US)muffin papers--

good luck in your search

Swiss Tart Recipes
Swiss Tart Recipe
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts TartsJune 5, 2008
Pear Tart Recipes
Pear Tart Recipes
Swiss Chard Leaves
Swiss Chard Recipes
Swiss Steak
Swiss Steak Recipes
Freezing Swiss Chard
Freezing Swiss Chard