Travel Carrier For Birds

I recently received my Drs. Foster and Smith mail order catalog and was looking into purchasing a travel carrier for my birds. The weather is getting nice and it would be great for them to join me outside in their carriers while I work in the garden. However, the prices nearly gave me a stroke!

Then I had a brainstorm. I went to my local Petco and found a smaller Cockatiel cage that my African Grey Parrot would fit into. It cost $30, opposed to a $60 model with similar measurements. Now, she can join me on the deck as I work on my garden.

By JenniP from Lincoln, NE

That's good thinking! Another possibility is finding a used cage in good condition at a thrift shop, garage sale or flea market.