Fiberglass Furniture

I want know how to manufacture FRP furniture and any other FRP products such as, doors.

By Atul from Karwar

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

December 9, 2009 Flag

I want to learn how to make furniture with fiberglass. I'm in Thailand so I can't just go to the library or bookstore. If anyone has any tips or a link to a how-to about this it would be great. I am looking for something specifically about furniture not just working with fiberglass in general. Cheers.

Shannon

Answers:

Fiberglass Furniture

I found this link which may be helpful to you.
packaging-machinery.globalspec.com (10/29/2004)

By octoberbabye

Fiberglass Furniture

I am also interested in designing and building fiberglass furniture, though I'm in the U.S.

I have determined that, for my purposes, anyway, the best approach is to carve the shape in 16 lb. density polyurethane foam first, then apply fiberglass cloth and resin and possibly seal it with a gel coat for added durability. All the materials are readily available over here; not sure about over there, though.

16 lb density foam is as hard as rock. You'd need a hammer to dent it and it has a compressive strength of 500 psi, a sheer strength of over 300 psi, and a flexural strength of 750 psi. In other words, it's tough stuff, capable of supporting a lot of weight. (07/14/2005)

By Gary

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Fiberglass Chairs
Making Fiberglass Furniture
Make Your Own FurnitureDecember 9, 2009
repair fiberglass
Repairing a Fiberglass Tub or Shower
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Cleaning a Fiberglass Boat
Cleaning a Fiberglass Boat
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Remove Soap Scum from Fiberglass
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:52:44 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.