Fiberglass Furniture

I want know how to manufacture FRP furniture and any other FRP products such as, doors.

By Atul from Karwar

Answers

I want to learn how to make furniture with fiberglass. I'm in Thailand so I can't just go to the library or bookstore. If anyone has any tips or a link to a how-to about this it would be great. I am looking for something specifically about furniture not just working with fiberglass in general. Cheers.

Shannon

Answers:

Fiberglass Furniture

I found this link which may be helpful to you.
packaging-machinery.globalspec.com (10/29/2004)

By octoberbabye

Fiberglass Furniture

I am also interested in designing and building fiberglass furniture, though I'm in the U.S.

I have determined that, for my purposes, anyway, the best approach is to carve the shape in 16 lb. density polyurethane foam first, then apply fiberglass cloth and resin and possibly seal it with a gel coat for added durability. All the materials are readily available over here; not sure about over there, though.

16 lb density foam is as hard as rock. You'd need a hammer to dent it and it has a compressive strength of 500 psi, a sheer strength of over 300 psi, and a flexural strength of 750 psi. In other words, it's tough stuff, capable of supporting a lot of weight. (07/14/2005)

By Gary