Red Light Bulb for Night Feeding

Anyone in your life just have a baby? Next time you visit, give her a red light bulb for nighttime feedings. The bulb gives just enough light for you to see and be able to read the markings on a bottle, or to change a diaper, but is not so harsh as to wake up your spouse.

I find the baby and mommy stay a little more sleepy, so the baby can fall back to sleep easier, and so can you! Nothing makes you more wide awake than bright light. The red light keeps everything calm and sleepylike.

By Crazy Amy from Rochester, NY

Don't let anybody get too sleepy! I did that once and fell asleep standing up -- fell and broke my neck. Had to wear a halo brace for 14 weeks.

Not a really good experience.

Probably the color of the light in Mommy's womb. I think it's a great idea.

Red light does not destroy your night vision. Ever notice how it's used in photo dark rooms? Also airplane cockpits and some car dashboards. I use a red lamp to watch my nocturnal sugar gliders at play.

I used a lava lamp that I already had for night feedings for my baby. It worked really well. Bright enough to see but dark enough to not make everyone wide awake.

One note though; do not write anything you might need to read in red because red becomes invisible in red light.

Parenting Baby SleepDecember 10, 2009
Light Bulb Vase
Making a Light Bulb Vase
Light Switch
Repairing a Light Switch
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎄
🍂