Ideas for Working After Retirement

I am retired and looking for some sort of job where I can keep myself busy and active. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

By Satej from Goregaon, India

Do you like working with children?

What about teaching a fun skill to children during summer break at your local recreation center or church (Vacation Bible School)?

Do you like working outside?

What about starting a small/limited lawn care business?

You could also sign up with a temporary agency.

If you enjoy being around people, places like Goodwill and Salvation Army are always looking for good help. I know Goodwill hires a lot of retired folks on a part time basis. Libraries are another place you might want to check into.

Reselling is easy and doesn't require much of an investment. If you always had a good eye for jewelry, buy some and resell it on Craigslist or Ebay, or some of the other sites. You can also have someone make one for you if you don't know how.

For instance, my neighbors was telling me she bought a new, still in the box Partylite Candle Holder last week for 2.00 at a yardsale and sold it this morning for 7.50. She not only made her investment back, but it took up just a little room on her "sale shelf".

I would stick to things that are light if you have to ship them, like jewelry, old post cards, unbreakable things. And stay away from things that have motors and are heavy or take up a lot of room and are hard to store.

You would be amazed at how many people will pay a small amount of money, then if it breaks down they hold you responsible! I once bought a ring at Goodwill and took it home to polish. In looking at it further, I realized my 4.99 purchase was worth 75.00!

Good luck, and I hope we here can give you lots to think about.

PS: If you sell on Craigslist, do not let people come to your home. It just isn't safe anymore. My friend meets people at a local coffee shop, buys a drink and waits. They win, she wins, and everyone is safe.

Poor But Proud

You could always volunteer your services for a hospital or nursing home. Volunteers are always needed and well appreciated. I'm sure you have some kind of talent that you can share. We have a Parks and Recreation in our area and some people teach knitting, crocheting and other crafts. If you are into exercise you could also teach that or volunteer your services.

Good luck.

Better Living Self HelpMay 21, 2011
Retired Couple on Bike Ride
Retirement Planning
Retirement Gift Ideas
Retirement Gift Ideas
Retirement Party Ideas
Retirement Party Ideas
Finding a Good Retirement Community, Houses in a retirement community.
Finding a Good Retirement Community