Dye Thrift Store Shirt

The thrift store was having a half price sale last week and I found a very nice knit top (either 100 percent cotton, or cotton/poly) for $2.50. It had black trim that I liked, and a pattern with black plus several shades of red and pink that I thought were too bright. I almost passed it up, but I decided to bring it home and run it through a couple baths of black dye. It worked like a charm to considerably darken the colors to shades of purple and burgundy, something I'll enjoy wearing. It even looks more "seasonal" for fall!

By ChloeA from OH

Not a bad idea, if you already have the dye on hand. You probably saved overall. More people should see the possibilities in thrift-shop buys.

A girl wearing a red shirt.
Dyeing Clothing
Consumer Advice Clothing TipsOctober 11, 2010
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎄