Solar Lights For Night Fishing

During our July 4th holiday weekend, I wanted to go night fishing with the boyfriend. His protest - no money in the budget for a lantern. My answer - use the 99 cents LED solar pathway lights I had purchased on sale.

I pulled up 5 of the lights from the yard, packed them in my reusable grocery bag, and off we went. We used 3 lights to mark the pond edge (slight drop off), one we placed next to the worms to bait our hooks by, and we also left one light on the dash of the car. It was a nice beacon to locate the car when returning to it at 2 am.

I also discovered that the lights in the reusable grocery bag made a nice "lantern" to use to follow the dark path. Now they are back in their proper places, charging for our next night fishing adventure.

By FrugalKim from Columbus, OH

Wonderful idea for cheap lights. Not so wonderful interaction with your cheap boyfriend.

Maybe you could upgrade both ideas?

LOL. Frugal is as frugal does. :)

Solar light mounted on interior house wall
Using Solar Yard Lights
Travel and Recreation Recreation FishingJuly 17, 2011
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Inside a solar porch.
Solar Heating Porch
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 6:20:56 PM on 10.0.1.229 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.