Garden Arch For Protecting Plants

Hubby used a garden arch to put planks on for some plants I was saving to take with us when we move (don't know when that will be now). It started to get cold here in So.Ca. and I was afraid we might have a freeze like last year. So he made this spot for the plants and we covered it with a tarp for the cold nights and took it off during the daytime. Now I just water and cover when needed.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Very Creative! My son got his plants zapped last year by the frost so know what you mean. Tell your hubby he was very inventive with this idea.

That is an extremely smart way to use an inexpensive arch. Wish I'd thought of it myself! Thanks for sharing and God bless you.

What a good idea. I really like the look of the arch and cascading plants.

Really pretty

My hubby works in concrete, I am going to get him to make me one out of rebar.

Thanks for the idea

What a thrifty tip. I'm planning on making a potting bench out of picket fencing and one of these next to it, or on both sides, will sure tame my summer houseplant jungle! What a great idea.

Barbara in TN

Photos GardenJanuary 24, 2008
Making a Balloon Arch
Making a Balloon Arch
Building Natural Garden Architecture
Using Plants to Build Garden Architecture
weed sprayer
Protecting Plants When Spraying for Weeds
House Surround by Plants
Adding Privacy With Plants