Use Shepherds Hook As Candy Cane Decoration

Use your garden shepherd hook to create a candy cane Christmas decoration! I had some silver tinsel like garland that I used on last year's tree and wrapped it around the shepherd hook from top to bottom. I then added a string of red Christmas lights, wrapping them around to look like the red stripes of the candy cane, adding another window decoration to hang on the hook. I used the ziploc ties to fasten the garland and lights to keep it all in place, but you could use bread ties. It looks great and have had many comments on it. It served as a no expense decoration and recycled older decorations

By dmb8 from Iowa City, IA

I like this idea. Would like to see a picture of it!

Christmas lights in a front yard.
Christmas Yard Decoration Ideas and Photos
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations OutdoorDecember 10, 2010
Felt Candy Cane Ornament
Making a Felt Candy Cane Ornament
crochet hook storage tower
Making a Crochet Hook Storage Tower
A twig star outside in the snow.
Homemade Outdoor Christmas Decorations
Broken Cane Chair
Repairing Cane Chairs