Give Child A Christmas Ornament Every Year

When our kids were little, we bought or made two ornaments with dates each year for the tree for each child. When the oldest got married and left home, we were able to give him a box with all the ornaments from his first Christmas through the most recent. This gives your children a nice start on ornaments for their own tree with a sentimental value.

The reason for two ornaments was so we could keep one and always have the memories as we decorated our tree when the kids leave home. We have started the same custom for our grand-babies.

By Myst from Muncie, IN

I send my grandchildren a Hallmark ornament every year, They are just getting old enough to understand and look forward to getting their ornament from me. One of them surprised me this year by turning the tradition around. She sent me an ornament either and Santa on it. So now we both will get an ornament every year for our tree!

I did this with my kids. My daughter is 27 & has 2 toddlers, she is so proud to be able to put her old ornaments up in her home & show her husband & boys. My sons are lookig forward to taking their ornametns with them too.

I gave my Daughter a little gold angel on her first Christmas with her name carved on it. She is in her 40's and still puts it on her tree.

That is a very good idea.

Mamacrafter

My Mother did this for my son. She passed away last year so, he now has something that she gave him and will help him to remember the good times with her. I am going to carry on the tradition. She was from Muncie too.

Decorated Christmas Tree
Family Christmas Traditions
Holidays and Parties Christmas TraditionsDecember 27, 2010
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Michigan Christmas Charities
Oregon Christmas Charities
New Jersey Christmas Charities
🎉
🎄