Raising Money for a Mission Trip

I need to raise money for a mission's trip. I have no idea how to start. I love doing arts and crafts and sewing. I need some ideas on how to raise the money I need for a mission's trip. Thanks.

By Mary from OK

Best Answer

Mary, you said you love to sew. So... why not take in sewing jobs to raise funds for your mission trip? Or if there's a flea market in your area, make small craft items to sell there. God bless your travels!

A few years ago when one of my nieces had to raise money for a mission trip, one of the ways that she raised money was to have a Tuppeware party, through their fund raising program. I don't know what other things she did, I do know the church her family attends made a donation, but she had to raise most of the money herself, and she was only a college student.

If you are artsy make greeting cards. Make 10 sets of say 10 or twelve cards. Cards of the same type can have the same design (and that way people don't try to get you to mix and match). But you make 2 birthday, 1 anniversary, 1 Halloween, 1 graduation, and say 5 Christmas cards and you sell them to people in your church. Explain it is to raise money for your mission trip. Sell each set of 10 for $30.00 (that would be $3.00 a card) and if you sell all 10 sets that would be $300.00. You can choose different types of holidays or events to make cards for (St Patrics day, Valentine, Memorial Day, New Year, whatever). Just make them fairly nice and sell them for $3.00 a card. So if your set has 15 cards you sell the set for $45.00.

You could make fewer cards in a set and make more sets. Say you make 15 sets of 8 cards each. That would be $24.00 a set and if you sell all 15 sets you made $360.00. It's up to you. Just design some nice cards for each holiday/occasion and use your design for each card of its type. You should have no trouble selling all your cards in a jiffy. You may even get people to ask if you would take orders for cards.

Better Living Charity FundraisingMay 1, 2011
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Grandparent with Granddaughter
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
Credit Report on Table
Raising Your Credit Score
🎄
🍂