Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I picked up a package of fake crab meat at the store and am not sure what to do with it. Recipe anyone? Thanks.

By Judy from IA

Best Answer

I like the flaked imitation crab meat on nacho chips. Or if you have the sticks, cuts them into small pieces. Distribute the meat evenly over nacho chips. Then your favorite shredded cheese (cheddar, colby jack, motzerella) on top and lightly melt on a lower power in the microwave. Do not over cook. The cheese gets hard, MMMMMMM good!!! Seafood Nachos.

Best Answer

I cook spaghetti until done. Set aside. Saute chopped onions and green pepper until soft. Add garlic chopped fine. Add imitation crab meat chopped up to pan. Warm ingredients and put in baking dish. Put in 350 oven for 10 minutes. Then sprinkle on mozzarella cheese and brown. Delicious.

Best Answer

I make a seafood salad with the crab meat. I use two packages of the imitation crab and put it in a bowl. Add:

1 cup diced celery

1 can black olives drained

1 small bottle of Spanish olives

salt

garlic powder to taste

canola oil

lemon juice to your taste

My family really like this dish. I sometimes put in small shrimp.

Best Answer

I have an easy and tasty one.

1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened

1 soup can about 3/4 full of milk

Combine in pan over moderate heat. Feel free to add pepper or garlic powder if you like. Once it's bubbling slightly, add imitation crab meat and a 10 oz box of frozen peas that have been thawed. Cook until the peas are heated through.

Usually I serve this with cooked rice mixed in, but it is also good with pasta. A great way to use up leftover rice or pasta. Very creamy and tasty. My cousin's fiancee, who is a picky eater, even loves this!

Best Answer

I mash it up mix with a block of cream cheese put a small scoop into wonton wrappers, close up and deep fry, look up recipes for crab rangoon to find different versions of this.

Best Answer

I have made crab cakes with fake crab, and they were very good. Just follow a crab-cake recipe from the internet or your favorite cookbook. Another favorite "recipe" of ours is seafood salad, a tossed salad from the grocery with fake crab added. There's no cooking required with that one--it's our go-to recipe when I have time to go to the store on my way home from volunteer work, but no energy or time to cook.

Best Answer

Chopped garlic say 3 cloves in melted butter ,then add crab to heat and serve on crackers. So easy and very rich.

You can make crab salad - delicious. Flake or cut up imitation crab. Add chopped celery. Add small amount of chopped onion. Mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill two hours. Enjoy