Use Clear Plastic Totes For Holiday Storage

I decorate for so many things, that I've found using the clear totes to be very useful. I store them in different areas of the attic. Christmas decorations, art and craft supplies, Christmas village, silk flowers, out of season clothes, and more. The clear totes really make it so easy to see what it is that you need.

By loveucreations from Washington, DC

Great idea, to see what things are instead of always labeling everything or having to look.

When moving or storing items, use clear/see through plastic totes. These are much more durable than cardboard boxes and the clear totes allow you to see the items at a glance you have stored. When you no longer need these totes, they are hot items to sell at a yard sale!

By Lisa Barker

Answers:

Clear Plastic Totes

My neighbors use totes when they move also. The nice thing was that their employer paid for moving expenses so the totes were paid for. For me, I think the plastic totes are pretty expensive compared to boxes. (05/26/2005)

By Meari

Clear Plastic Totes

We've been using plastic totes instead of cardboard boxes for several years now. You can replace all the cardboard boxes gradually by getting them on sale, at thrift stores, asking others to donate them to you when they no longer need theirs, etc. Anything worth storing should be worth storing properly. Boxes gather bugs and they crush and fall apart. I write on the outside of my totes if they are not clear/see through with a black marker and since they are being used for storage, have no problem with writing whatever I want to on them. It has made my life 100% easier! (12/05/2010)

By VirtualCherub