Looking for a Crockpot With Removal Insert for Browning

I understand there is a crock pot that the inner liner or whatever you call it can be used to brown the meat on top of the stove before cooking. I always have to mess up another pot to brown my meat in and then move it to the crock pot. Just want to know what crock pot this is. Thank you very much.

By Barbara from Montgomery, AL

I have a Crock Watcher made by Hamilton Beach, and it has a removable crock. I personally like the removable liner since it's easier to wash, and if you have leftovers you can lift if out and put it in your refrigerator.

If you like to shop at Thrift Stores such as the Salvation Army or Goodwill you could probably find a cheap one for sale.

I have also seen crockpot inserts at the grocery store. They are like little clear trash bags for your crockpot. Helps making the crock easier to clean, also makes the contents of the crock easy to remove. Not sure if this would do the same thing as your removable crock for browning.

Hamilton Beach Stovetop-Safe Slow Cooker

Model# 33351

I don't know whether or not there are any other Hamilton Beach models that can do the same thing.

It costs about $80.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton- ... h-Stovetop-Safe-Slow-Cooker/11317136

I would not try browning meat with a removable lid unless the directions specifically tell you to do so.

Blessings, Robyn

I have a Westbend that is a slow cooker but is not crock..it's made of metal and is wonderful. They come in a variety of sizes and I have bought a lot for gifts. Mine is about 15 years old and I love it. The metal pan sits in on a flat grill that can be used separately. You can brown on it, or in the pan. It's easy to clean since it has a non-stick surface. It's also wider than it is tall so it's easier to check what's on the bottom. And it's lightweight!

I have that crock pot and I love it. It took me a long time to find it and it was worth the weight. It's not pretty, but it works wonderful! Now the bad news. I heard it was discontinued. Here is the model number. I hope you can find one. Crockpot SCVI600B-SS 6-Quart Premium VersaWare Slow Cooker

I think there is one called the Versaware Pro.

Good Luck.

Annie

Consumer Advice Product FinderJuly 26, 2010
Vegetable Soup
Crockpot Vegetable Soup Recipes
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Camisole Insert Diagram
Making a Camisole Insert
🎄
🍂