Cleaning Road Grime Off a Windshield

How do you get that road grime off your windshield? I've tried Awsome, straight vinegar, and Windex. Are there any better suggestions?

By Holly from Lancaster, WI

My father swears by Invisible Glass. I have a new (to me) car that is making me crazy, I swear that the windows on this thing are extra sticky because I can't get them to stay clean. I just picked up Invisible Glass and Rainex (RainX?) to treat the windshield with once I get it clean since that is supposed to repel road grime.

I spray the windshield with Greased Lightning. Scrub it with a damp terry cloth then rinse it off. It cuts the film off and makes the windshield crystal clear when it's raining. I do it whenever I know we will be driving in the rain.

Where do you get Invisible Glass?

O'Reilly Auto Parts has it. Spray, aerosol, and wipes 

It doesn't matter what brand, but believe it or not, cola (soda) cuts right through the grime. Of course you'll want to rinse it off after it does its job. Pour it at the top of the windshield so it will run down over the whole thing and turn on your wipers. Use a wet rag or sponge to get the places that the wipers don't reach, rinse all and your windshield will sparkle. I carry an unopened can in my car for those visual emergencies when traveling.

Try diluted ammonia.

Washing a Car Windshield
Cleaning a Car Windshield
Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning OutsideSeptember 16, 2010
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Photo of a lady yelling at a driver.
Avoiding Road Rage
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
🎉
🎄