Craft Project: Scrap Fabric Pencil Holder
Don't throw out those small pieces of fabric that are leftover from other projects. Save them for new projects, such as this cute pencil holder made from a tin can.
Approximate Time 30 minutes
- empty, clean tin can
- fabric scraps
- scissors or pinking shears
- craft glue
- Mix equal parts craft glue and water. Make sure mixture is paintable, but not too thin.
- Cut pieces of fabric into squares with scissors or pinking shears.
- Decoupage the can by painting a small amount of glue mixture onto the can.
- Apply a fabric scrap and paint more of the mixture over the top of the fabric and smooth it out.
- Repeat this process, overlapping the fabric scraps so that none of the can's surface shows through.
- Let dry completely before using.
By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
I have so many containers I can do this with! Thanks!
Beautiful! Great idea!
Add your voice to the conversation.