Frying Morel Mushrooms

When frying those delicious morel mushrooms, instead of dipping in egg, I dipped them in condensed cream of mushroom soup and coat them very well before I place them in my flour or cracker crumbs. Then I fry them in butter. Egg tends to slip off, whereas the mushroom soup clings perfectly. I do not add water to the soup, but if it's too thick to work with, just slightly add water and stir - make sure you keep the thickness. It is sooo good. I will never go back to egg!

By Patty from Illinois

Top Comment

Patty, that sounds like a good idea! My son used to get the morels by the bucketful but he moved so now I don't get them anymore and really miss them.

Patch of morel mushrooms growing in the woods
Using Morel Mushrooms
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsMay 11, 2011
Freezing Mushrooms
Freezing Mushrooms
Large Jar of Canned Mushrooms
Canning Mushrooms
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Large Turkey in Deep Fryer
Deep Frying a Turkey