Red and White Striped Dress

I have a red and white striped dress that has turned out pink and red when washed! How can I get it back to red and white again? Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Linda from Sydney, Australia

Here in the US there is a product that you can add to the wash, looks like a thick dryer sheet, and it traps the dyes that are floating around in your wash. That might help if you can find it, I believe it's made by Shout Detergent.

Also try RIT fabric dye remover for these types of mistakes, they have a website and if you can't find there, I am sure you can order. Whatever you do, don't dry it!

Sorry if I'm late with this - have had computer problems for over a week. Dylon have a product called Runaway that removes dye that has run in the wash. I have used it succdessfully. Here is a link to the product:

<http://www.dylo … loursafe.htm>

Sorry, I had this happen to a black and white dress of mine once. Unfortunately, it was ruined. Nothing worked. I was told it was a defect in the fabric - the manufacturer did not set the colors properly when making the fabric. My dress did say it was washable, so after trying everything, I was able to return it to the store "as defective" and got a refund. It was a bummer because I absolutely LOVED that dress too!