Am I Damaging My Porcelain Sinks?

Does anybody know if porcelain is supposed to have a dull, white finish or a gloss white almost glass feel to it? Just trying to figure out if I'm taking the outer protective layer off of my sinks.

BigJess from Granite Falls, MN

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Yeah, I think they're supposed to have a shiny finish. You need to buy some coating for it at your local Home Depot or Lowe's. Once you get the new shiny coating back on, limit your sink cleaner to the recommended products at the home stores (or use simple vinegar and water). NO AJAX! Hope this helps.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 17, 2009
sink
Pink Stains in Sinks and Bathtubs
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Stained Porcelain Cup
Cleaning Stained Porcelain
Porcelain Sink
Repairing Worn Porcelain Sinks and Bathtubs
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:17:45 PM on 10.0.1.73 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.