Chicken Diable

Ingredients

• 1 chicken, cut up (3 lb.)
  • 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup prepared mustard
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • Ad
  • 1 tsp. curry powder

Directions

Remove skin from chicken, melt butter in shallow baking dish. Add other ingredients and mix together. Roll chicken in butter mixture and coat both sides. Arrange meat in a single layer in same pan. Bake in moderate oven (375 degrees F) for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Robin, I love your recipes and I'll bet you could cook the britches off of me any day of the week, so I hope you don't take offense to this. But I am, as well as a pretty good cook, a grammar freak. I love the English language and it delights me to see it applied well, for the purpose of exchanging information. I don't claim to be an expert; truth is, I don't have a lot of education. But sometimes when I am reading something my mind slams on the brakes, and I think, "What?"

This is sort of where I am with this recipe. Butter mixture? We haven't mixed any butter. I don't know what you mixed it with. I'll bet this stuff is really good and I'll bet if you cooked it and I ate it I'd be ashamed to call myself a cook... but... what did you say?

Again, please don't be offended. I have the utmost respect for you and can only imagine dining at your table. Having read hundreds of your recipes and prepared a few myself, I can just picture you in the kitchen and it is a beautiful sight. Please consider me a fan, not an adversary.

Editor's Note: Thanks for catching that, the directions were incomplete.

Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryFebruary 20, 2007
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Fried Chicken
Canning Fried Chicken
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎄