Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Baby Shower at Work

I need help planning a baby shower at work. We are having it in a conference room during business hours. She has already had 2 home showers. I'm not sure if I should handle as a family/friend shower. Has anyone had a work shower before?

Best Answer

This answer has been rated the best for this question.

By Kari [17]06/29/2005

I just gave my co-worker a baby shower at work recently. It was just for co-workers and of course her mom. It turned out really nice..we had punch, a cookie cake, fruit trays, sandwich trays. We put a few decorations out as well. Here is a cute game! Beforehand take colored ribbon (blue or pink) if you know the sex of the baby. Tie ribbons around clothespins. Explain to guests as they come in to wear their clothespin. Now you can do this one of two ways. If someone says the word "baby" then someone can take their clothespin away. Or if someone crosses their legs..same thing. Really fun!! And whoever had the most clothespins at the end wins a goody bag (of baby treats..like lotion, powder) and gives it to the mom to be! :-)

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By KIM. (Guest Post)04/26/2007

I'M IN THE SAME BOAT! I'M NOT EXACTLY SURE WHAT TO DO AS FAR AS DECORATIONS OR FOOD OR HOW TO GO ABOUT INVTING! I FIGURED I WOULD JUST SEND AN EMAIL TO THE FEMALES WE HAVE HERE AT WORK. I'M ALSO GONING TO BE HOSTING IT IN THE BOARD ROOM AT WORK OPEN TO FEEDBACK........

By Marla Ball06/28/2005

I agree with zoombit, this shower should be for co-workers only. The reason I say this is because the girl has already had 2 other showers that her family & friends have already attended. You can't have parties & keep inviting the same people to them. Let the co-workers celebrate & lavish your friend with gifts now. I would have cake, chips, drinks & maybe a couple cute games like "How much toilet paper do you think it will take to go all the way around mommy & baby (mommy's belly)?" The "Poopie Diaper" is another cute game. Fold napkins into the shape of a diaper pinning them together with a small gold safety pin. In 1 diaper, you have a little dab of something yellow (must use mustard) to represent baby poo. Had 1 diaper to the guest when the show up. The 1 that finds the "Poopie Diaper" is your winner.

Marla

http://forgetmenotaromas.com - Our fragrances leave lasting impressions. Just one whiff and the addiction sets in. Choose one of our many fragrances or be creative and design your own.

By Jennie [1]06/28/2005

I was a teacher and we had two showers at our work.

We had a cake and games setup like: diapering a doll blind folded. Also, everyone gave a bag of diapers including the students, but in your case just co workers would work. It was inexpensive and fun and each new mom didn't need to buy diapers for a year.