Notebook for Cooking Hints and Tips

I have a 3-ring notebook just for cooking hints and tips that are not recipes, but are a great help in the kitchen. I have sections for equivalents, substitutions, baking and cooking equipment, and a section on helpful hints.

For example, my notebook lets me know that 1 medium apple equals 1 cup sliced apple and that 1 medium banana equals one-third cup mashed banana. Also, two slices of bread equal one cup of bread crumbs and one cup of uncooked rice equals three cups of cooked rice.

I find this kind of information really handy if the recipe I am working with doesn't spell out exactly the information I need (particularly if I am cutting a recipe down). I began this notebook more than 10 years ago and am still finding new information to add to it.

By Ronsan from Southwest Missouri

I use a small photo album with the protective covers

on it. I use the decorative scissors for the different

background papers.You can make your own table of contents. The inside matches every section.My recipes now stay nice & clean & easy to find.

Christine L.IN

Homemade Notebook
Homemade Notebook Crafts
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Caribbean hotel
Caribbean Vacation Tips