Appreciation Party for My Husband

My husband works full-time and takes great care of our family. While doing all of this, he has recently completed his work and obtained his MBA. I would like to have a small family party for him, and would love any ideas on how to recognize his sacrifice and hard work. Any gift ideas that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

I love him dearly and he never asks for anything for himself, nor does he ever seek recognition for his efforts. This is why I would love to do something special for him, he does so much for everyone else. Thanks in advance for your help!

Robin from Dubin, OH

If you sew make him a dress suit ,don't let him know about it till his birthday. If you have name tags to sew into it that is an added surprise or make him a jacket or anything he can wear. I have done this & it were a very good surprise. Let us know how it turned out, ok ? Thanks, good luck.

If you are able to grill outdoors, have several friends and family members over and let them bring a certain amount of meat that you all would enjoy. Have the children make decorations that specify how they feel about super dad. If each family invited brings a meat, then they will not only feel that they are contributing to a great occasion, but it will not strain the budget as much. You could also delegate other dishes, drinks, etc. as works out for you. Designate a photographer and add this to your memory book or frame them uniquely as a wonderful memory to talk about for a long time. If I knew more about you then I could give you more personal ideas. But take these if they appeal to you and personalize them.

I would make a certificate in a frame and call it My Best Always or some other MBA name, and give it as an honorary degree. You might also decorate the cake this way.

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say that you are very fortunate to have such a wonderful husband and he is very fortunate to have such a wonderful and appreciative wife! Hope you have a great party!

I don't know how much this costs, but if you can afford it, it's a wonderful "edition" to your party.

Make him a fake newspaper from one of many on this google addresses to choose from. You can have his photo and all his achievements under headings that you can come up with or they offer. It's been so much fun to offer ideas from this site since they can give you a memory you can frame and enjoy long after the food and balloons are gone.

Your other poster was right however, you are truly blessed.

Have fun!

And if you do this, let us all know how it went?

I'm with kimhis- do a certificate or award on your printer! Also, I would suggest some "coupon" books, one from each family member- for the kids, coupons for things like, "I will do my chores without complaining", "will wash the car", etc. And from you, something, er, less "family" and more "spousal" (you know, stuff to make him remember why he married you- special favors!! Don't give him that special coupon book at the family party, however- give it to him privately!) You are very, very blessed, to have a guy like that- hope you all have a great celebration of this wonderful time!

Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceFebruary 24, 2009
Child Leaving for Military
Farewell Party for Child Leaving for Military
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
thank you note ideas
Sending Thank You Notes
Home Decorated for Girl's Birthday Party
Decorating Your Home for a Party