Cooking Pork Chops in a Convection Oven

By maryann 1

I need to prepare 170 pork chops in a convection oven. Can anyone help me? I tried four, 1 inch thick chops, at 325 degrees for 25 minutes and they were hard and dry. Is there some way to cook them with a marinade or something? Thanks.

Maryann from Naples, Florida

Showing: Answers Sort

By dede smith 19 222 Flag

Convection: speed cooks using dry air heat.

Always cover with foil, small holes for steam release, and yes a marinade will help, and so will basting.

Marinade depends on what you like: Italian dressing, Garlic powder (Not Salt it is a drying agent and should be used in last minutes of cooking), Pineapple juice and cloves, or you can use any number of Mrs. Dash, which is sodium free.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Vi Johnson 286 801 Flag

We like the "pork" Shake n bake.It says bake only 15 minutes, I just have a regular oven. I don't know about the Convection Ovens. Be sure to read the "related links" at the right side of this page for more information. Good Luck. GG Vi

Here is a GREAT Pork Chop recipe

Pork Chops and Rice

( from 1970's Tom Pappas- Chatsworth Florist, Chatsworth Ca. )

4 - 1inch thick pork chops

1 med. onion

1 teaspoon mrat tenderizer

1/2 teaspoon sage,1/4 teaspoon oragano,1/4 teaspoonrosemary

1 can ( 6 oz ) mushrooms

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 carton sour cream ( med size)

pepper

Season chops with tenderizer,pepper,sage,oragano,rosemary

Chop onion- saute onion in a little butter.

Add the chops - cook until half done, covered

Add cream of mushroom soup ,can of mushroom including liquid.

Cook additional hour in preheated 350* oven.

Add sour cream 15 minutes before the hour is up.

RICE

2-1/4 cups instant rice

2-1/4 cups water

1/4 teaspoon oragano

1/4 teaspoon rosemary ( omit it using hamburger/beef )

1/4 teaspoon salad garnish

1/2 cube butter

1 teaspoon minced instant onion

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon celery salt

Bring to boil - add rice - cover and turn off heat.

This is really good and add a green salad or tomato slices....YUMMY !!

I hope you'll enjoy this one. GG Vi

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kim Churchman 3 1,276 Flag

Use an oven thermometer so that the cooking goes on only to the point of doneness, and they will be nice. Marinade if you want, but overcooking must be prevented.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By ChloeA 10 134 Flag

I flour and brown them in a small amount of oil in a skillet, than put them into a shallow pan with a small amount of water, cover TIGHTLY with foil, and convect bake at 350 for between 30 minutes and an hour depending on the thickness of the chops. Believe me, they'll come out fork tender and juicy, and you'll have a little bit of thin but flavorful gravy in the bottom of the pan. (I use a slice of stale bread to sop up and remove the fat or oil that collects on top of the pan drippings.)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Convection Oven in New Kitchen
Convection Oven Tips and Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatJanuary 20, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Convection Oven in New Kitchen
Convection Oven Tips and Recipes
Pork Chops and Rice
Pork Chops and Rice Recipes
Pork Chops with Gravy
Pork Chops with Gravy Recipes
pork chops with apple compote
Apple Pork Chops Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 9:08:49 AM on 10.0.2.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings