Slim Set No Longer Available

Alert! To all those who plan to make sugar free jelly from my recipe submitted recently, I have information.

One die hard, tenacious, and dedicated cook found that you can't get Slim Set anymore. Of course, if your store still has it then get it, or if you have it at home, use it.

Because of her prompting, we found out that Kraft Foods stopped making it. But, I called them today and asked if there was something they made to replace it, and she said the SUREGEL for No Sugar or Reduced Sugar Pectin is it.

Apparently, the other was made with chemicals not good for us, and the lack of sales doesn't help, either. So, this new product is made with Splenda, and does the exact same thing.

I sure hope this helps. I would hate for all of you to have all this juice and no way to enjoy it on your toast!

Poor But Proud.

By Sandra from Salem OR

Editor's Note: Here is Sandra's original recipe:

Yikes! I wouldn't touch that if were you, honestly take a good look at Splenda. It's only one chemical compound away from Chlorine and I strongly recommend if someone DOES intend to use this still-check that you aren't allergic! Myself and many others I know have an intolerance to this. I know many diabetics who had increased heart problems, severe headaches, and blood sugar crashes. It is no calories because your body can't absorb it, that doesn't mean I'd touch it if you have a choice!

Still thank you for finding out what happened to the other one. My jelly never lasted long enough to worry about it honestly as we used the whole fruit rather then just the juice. Between four people it was gone in just a few days. Comes from kids bringing their friends home.

Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingOctober 9, 2008
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Making Fudge
Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set
Child Sleeping on Lambs and Ivy Bedding
Finding Discontinued Lambs and Ivy Bedding and Furniture
Slim Fast Bottle
Homemade Slim Fast Recipes
🎉
🎄