Bark Picture Frame

We are new to Tennessee and my husband is big into deer and all the other wild life in our back yard. He got to choose how to decorate our den. He found a cheap picture frame and picture he wanted to hang up, but the frame was gold so I went out in the back yard and collected bark from some of our native trees. This really added to his outdoor and cabin style plus we did this to the other pictures and took sticks for curtain rods and a lot of garage sale finds (other people's trash now our treasure) for other decor.

Approximate Time 15 min

• glue and glue gun
  • picture frame
  • bark from yard

Instructions:

Take the bark and break to fit the frame, overlap when necessary and glue in place. Easy and simple.

By Marilyn from Lewisburgs, TN

What a clever idea! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to do some frames.

I love this idea! I like to use this same kid of style in my home as well. I live in Minnesota so that sort of style is everywhere. I think bringing the outdoors in really creates a soothing, peaceful, and inspiring home. This is a great idea that I can't wait to try. Thank you for sharing!

Oh, my gosh, Marilyn, this is so pretty! What artists you and your husband are!

You're a genius, Marilyn. Thanks for the terrific idea!

I live in Michigan & have been collecting bark from birch trees. Now I know what to do with them. Thanks so much!

My son painted this picture. His dog chewed off the corner and he was going to throw it away. I told him I wanted it. It is on the regular hard canvas that artists use. I took Birch bark and glued around the edges to frame it and cover the corner that his dog chewed off.

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsOctober 9, 2007
Dog Barking
Training Dog to Not Bark at Other Dogs
Making a Mosaic Picture Frame
Making a Mosaic Picture Frame
Almond Bark
Storing Almond Bark
two old ornate hardcover books
Making a Recycled Book Picture Frame
🎉
🎄