Sheets Smell After Washing

Why do my sheets smell like dirty hair after washing?

Fabric softener is full of oils that hold all scents in, and just mask them. I don't use them on my linens. They also dry out your skin.

Use some de-greaser, or color safe bleach, and wash on hot cycle water. You can find de-greaser at any Wal-mart.

However, it is when they start to smell like this, that I buy new ones.

Add 1 cup of white vinegar along with your washload that should eliminate any foul odors.

I tried vinegar, baking soda, and oxyclean. The vinegar and baking soda worked well for some of the musty laundry, but the product that worked the best was Pin Sol. I think it worked well because it is a degreaser. When youn, I remember my mom using Lestol (spelling) in the laundry, but I can't find that product anywhere.

Try using borax in the water according to the box directions. It is inexpensive and very good at removing grease and odors. Also, check to be sure that your washing machine is draining properly, it may be retaining some water beneath the tub that is dirty?

Use bleach if you have white sheets, or a colorsafe bleach if they are a colored. That should get rid of odors. Perhaps you should wash your sheets more often to prevent them from accumulating smells in the first place. Some people have night sweats and such that necessitate more frequent sheet washing. I would also suggest using hot water, being sure you are not over-loading the washer, and using only one thing at a time to eliminate odors. Baking soda is excellent as a laundry additive for odors. Ammonia is also good, but it will change the color of dark colors. Do not use either of these with vinegar, as they neutralize each other, and do not use anything but laundry soap if you use bleach.

Make sure that you remove them from the washer ASAP after they are done. The sour smell comes from letting them sit too long in the washer.

I don't know what type of washing machine you use - I had problems when I used a front loader washer but now switched back to my old twin tub. More labour intensive but a much better result

I love adding vinegar and baking soda to my

laundy though lately due to cutting back

on spending I went to using

lemon scneted amonia in the laundry works

on all colors

********DO NOT MIX WITH BLEACH*********

my laundry smells great

Bed Sheets hanging on a line.
Getting Rid of Sour Smell in Bedding
Home and Garden Cleaning FabricDecember 29, 2008
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Burnt Cookie Sheet
Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets
Smelling clothing in the washing machine.
Clothes Smell Bad After Washing