Wildlife: Birdbath Visitors

contest winner icon

We have many little visitors to our birdbath each day. Usually the squirrels only like the bird food, but Texas summers are unforgiving even for the wildlife. We would all like some relief, send rain and a nice cool breeze, please.

By Bobbie G

Cute photo. Thanks for sharing.

He looks like he is just enjoying that bath so much! I am praying for rain for you.

I'm a squirrel-watcher (might as well be, they're going to eat all the bird seed anyway) and this is the best squirrel pic I've ever seen. I love it. Great shot.

Hope you get your rain...and some for us here in NY.

Ahh, poor little hot thing! That's a great photo, thanks for sharing!

OMG that is the funniest picture!

How adorable! That squirrel is certainly chillin'. ;-)

How adorable! Thanks for sharing. Here's hoping you get some rain and a nice, cool breeze!

Thank all of you for the encouraging remarks on the photo shot of our friend the squirrel trying to cool of here in Rockwall, TX. I love reading the comments, his was a fun photo to snap. It is our 14th day with temps over a 100 with no relief or rain in sight. I am praying for rain as so many need it all over the US. We had a water pipe break outside in our front bed yesterday due to the movement of the hard clay soil we have, thankfully, it was not under our foundation, so the bill was only several hundred $$. The joys of home ownership. Have a blessed day all of you Thrifty readers. Bobbie

I just love this picture, thanks for sharing. I know about our Texas heat, I live in Grand Prairie and we all need a good soaking rain. I am so ready for October to arrive. ;-)

Photos WildlifeJuly 9, 2011
Homemade Birdbath Ideas
Homemade Birdbath Ideas
Bird sitting on a bird bath.
Cleaning a Birdbath
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Uses for an Old Birdbath
Uses for an Old Birdbath
🎉
🎄