Washing a Satin-Backed Crepe

Is it possible to wash satin-backed crepe in cold water with Surf? I recently found one of my bridesmaids' dresses - 32 years old! - in a wardrobe. The dress is in perfect condition, but I would like to have it clean as well.

Thank you!
Kind regards
Carol from Republic of South Africa

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I called Queen's Lifestyle and they told me the material is washable. I washed the dress in cold water with Surf and rinsed twice, the last time with white vinegar instead of fabric softener. The dress came out beautifully.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingApril 3, 2007
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
Growing a Crepe Myrtle Tree
Growing a Crepe Myrtle Tree
Pruning a Crepe Myrtle Tree
Pruning a Crepe Myrtle Tree
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
Removing Stains from a Satin Dress
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:36:46 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.