Gilead (Dachshund)

Gilead is 7 years old and is a Dachshund. Someone I know breeds Dachsies. Gilead was born without eyes and was going to be put down. I couldn't let that happen!

He likes to eat, eat and eat some more. Also play with his sisters.

Dont feel bad for him. He doesn't know he doesn't have eyes. He gets around VERY well! Plus, he is spoiled rotten! He has his own fan club at our vet.

By Fran Marie from Shirley, NY

This is so very sad, such a sweet baby.

God Bless You ...

What a great story. Your baby is really special. I think it's so nice when a person saves an animal.Gilead is beautiful too. HUGS, Judy

I would never feel sorry for such a beautiful animal such as this. He is so lucky to have such a wonderful and careing family as yourselves.

Yes, he's special and lovely. I would like to add a little story. An elderly lady known to friends of mine bought a puppy to be a companion, and this puppy was born without eyes. This is hard to believe but that unscrupulous seller told her that 'the eyes came in later" by the time she realised this was a lie, she loved the little feller so much she couldn't part with him, and he too has done very well.

Dear Fran,

Love Gilead! David Gerrold once wrote as a quote, "A puppy is the only love money can buy." As an owner of two daschies, I agree, they are tummies on legs, but the joy of them, and the beautiful smell of that coat!

Have you checked out Juliette di Baircli Levy's The Herbal Handbook for the Dog and Cat? Our animals have been on it for years, and they really prosper.

Dominus tecum

Leonie in Australia

Photo of a Mini Dachshund by the water.
Dachshund Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets DogsNovember 22, 2006
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mix
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mixed Breed Information and Photos
Dachshund/Pomeranian Mix Photos