Get Buckets from Bakeries

Go to your local grocery store bakery and ask if they throw away their icing buckets or donut glaze buckets. If they do, I am sure they would love to give them away instead. I am a cake decorator in one and I give away tons of buckets.

Reasons I have personally heard for getting the buckets: planting tomatoes (on ground or even hanging), collecting vegetables from garden, storing pet food, collecting honey, making wine, making pickled cucumbers. One lady picks them up for the local dog shelter to let the dogs chew on them. I am not so sure that is a safe practice but she says that it is fine!

So, help save the landfill and save some $$$$ too by asking for free buckets. We carry 3 different sizes too! And the labels on the buckets come off easy. Fill the bucket with warm water and let sit for a day or so, the label will peel right off!

Johnsgirl from Demorest, GA

never thought of that, great idea.

I have several of these buckets and I use them for many things. One I keep all my garden seeds in - labeled and with a lid so mice can't snack on them, one I collect my compostables - kitchen scraps, paper towels, eggshells- and take it ou to the pile once a week, a few I drilled holes in - to let water run out - and use them when weeding the garden or flower beds.....I could go on.

Plastic Bucket
Reusing Plastic Buckets
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 8, 2009
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
Reusing Cat Litter Buckets
Reusing Cat Litter Buckets
Chicken Feed On Grain Bag
Storing Chicken Feed
Water Bottle
Using Recycled Buckets and Bottles for Irrigation
🎄