Use Drawers For More Counter Space

If you are running out of counter or cooking room in the kitchen, open up your lower cabinet top kitchen drawers. Lay a cookie sheet or cutting board across them. I like to do this when baking and need more room to put my cooking racks on for baked goods to cool. They are light weight and won't pull down on the drawers.

By mom-from-missouri from MW MO

Oh this is a good idea. I always run out of room and end up walking across the kitchen.. dripping and dropping food as I go. This should save time and keep things clean!

I do this all the time. Set my cooling racks on something more stable, hot pans on the drawers. Since you quickly remove cookies, buns to a cooling rack, no harm done to the drawers.

February 16, 2011 Flag

Do you need more work space while preparing food or working on craft projects? Pull out a kitchen drawer and place a cookie sheet on top of the drawer. Use for cooling cookies, placing sifted ingredients in bowls, etc. I had very little kitchen counter space in my last home and this trick worked every time!

By Lois from Edinboro PA

Use Drawers For More Counter Space

Good tip! This could also work at a desk if you need to spread out a little more with papers and such, pull out a desk drawer and lay a piece of wood over....a cutting board would work or even your idea of a cookie sheet.

What my mother in law does in her kitchen to make more space when she had a big meal buffet style, she has this piece of countertop that fits exactly over her double bowl sink. It makes perfect extra counter space! (03/25/2008)

By Debbie52

Use Drawers For More Counter Space

Thank You! The idea is so simple and yet so useful! (03/25/2008)

By Cyinda

Living in a Small House, Small White House
Living in a Small House
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsFebruary 16, 2011
Dresser Drawer
Freshening Dresser Drawers
Organizing Drawers, Organized Kitchen Drawer
Organizing Drawers
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Counter Top Dishwasher
Buying a Counter Top Dishwasher