Cooking With a Very Large Zucchini

I have a large zucchini (approximately 1 1/2 ft). Can I shred it and use it in recipes calling for shredded zucchini? and is it worth freezing?

By Janet from Fort Wayne, IN

Answers

Yes, I have done this many times. Shred it and put in a freezer bag or container. I usually try to freeze in one to two cup quantities. When you want to use it just let it thaw out and squeeze most of the water out of it and add to your favorite recipe. The way I usually use it is for Zucchini bread. It will keep a long time in the freezer. Tastes really good in the winter when fresh isn't available. I also just slice or cube it and freeze for later on, then i toss it frozen into a skillet with a little oil or margarine in it, brown a little and sometimes I add some brown sugar to it. Delicious.

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesSeptember 30, 2010
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Chopped Zucchini
Sweet Zucchini Pie Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 11:42:36 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.