Frugal Party Vases

We needed some cute vases for a baby shower, but funds were running low. So, I bought some Monetta Luxury cream wafer cookies, $1.00 a can at The Dollar Tree. I removed the cookies (and served them at the baby shower). I covered each can with a large size yellow napkin from Wal-mart (also $1). They fit great. No cutting involved.

I used a glue stick on the edge to secure the napkin. Then I hot glued a styrofoam ball inside each one to stick the flowers in. I added ribbon, rose buds, sequins, tulle and teardrop pearl beads. I attached them with a hot glue gun to the outside. I filled each one with bright green paper grass and pulled it up so it stuck out of the top about 2 inches. To some of the others, I added pink flowers inside them. They were a big hit at the shower and added wonderful touch. I added them to the guest tables and the Mommy and Daddy to be table. Everyone loved them. They were so easy to make.

You could really decorate these for any occasion. I am keeping them to do something for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have a huge sit down dinner at my house for these holidays.

By Tammy from Herrin, IL

Sweet! Very creative! I love that you can reuse the containers.

Yes! Kudos to you for recycling as well as saving money on an item that will only be used for that occasion. Baby showers can be expensive, so the more ways that money can be saved the better. Thanks for including the picture. They're really pretty and festive.

Very fresh and pretty! great tip so many ideas too, using a pringle potato chip can

all kinds of ideas. Thank you for idea and inspiration!

Spring floral wall bucket using artificial flowers.
Homemade Spring Decorations
Crafts FloralMarch 30, 2009
Flower Vase
Cleaning Flower Vases
Glass Vase
Cleaning Stains From Glass Vases
Decorating Straw Hats
Decorating Straw Hats
Beautiful red rose centerpieces.
Buying Vases for Centerpieces
🎉
🎄