Aspirin for Migraine Relief

Calling all migraine sufferers! Here's an old-fashioned alternative for migraine relief: plain aspirin.
Many OTC and prescription medicines are available today. However, you can also try taking three uncoated aspirin for your next migraine. If regular-strength (325 mg) doesn't provide enough relief, try extra-strength (500 mg.) You just might be surprised how well it works.

Source: Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld, the "Sunday House Call" segment of Fox and Friends Sunday on 4/25/2010 as well as personal experience.

By JustPlainJo from Springfield, OH

You never know. The body gets used to those other medications & people don't take aspirin much anymore. it might, doesn't hurt to try-unless you're allergic or have stomach problems. I might give it a try with my next migrain.

Just be careful about your stomach,don't take aspirin if you have a problem with ulcers. I saw on Dr. Oz recent'y that it is better to take the uncoated aspiring with a glass of warm water so that it dissolves quickly instead of sitting on your stomach(like the coated ones) & burning a hole in it until it dissolves.

5 years ago I had a life threatening allergic reaction to Tylenol that I had taken for a migraine. Since then I am only allowed to take aspirin. I was quite surprised that aspirin helped my headaches. Sometimes they put me to bed with a cool cloth on my head,for really bad ones I will take 3, after eating something.

Unless you know your headache is not related to a physical issue, such as anyurism, brain bleed, etc--aspirin can enhance the medical issue, turning it into a medical emergency.

Aspirin also thins your blood, has a long list of allergy reactions. The low dose of 81 mg (which used to be the baby aspirin dose BUT DON'T give children asprin) is what is given for cardiac or diabetic daily care to help keep the blood a little thinner. Do not take more than that without a doctor/pharmacist's o.k. Do not mix medications of any kind with aspirin unless you also clear it. Reactions to medications can be very deadly.

3 soluble aspirin is the only cure that ever worked for me, and yes it does thin the blood; that's the point. It thins it to stop the pressure build up in your head. It was advice given to me by a doctor who himself suffered from Migraine, and it was the only thing that could give him relief. Anyone who has had an authentic migraine is prepared to deal with the possible effects on the stomach (unless allergic or asthmatic) of 3 aspirin to cure it. It's not as if you get a migraine every day, and if you do, you should see your doctor.

I avoid the resistance thing by switching meds. For a bad headache I'll usually take 2 Excedrin Migraine or the 3 aspirin Dr Rosenfeld advises. For less serious headaches I'll take something else, maybe an Aleve.

It is a good idea to eat something first, though.

Aspirin
Uses for Aspirin
Health & Beauty AdviceApril 28, 2010
A bottle of aspirin.
Using an Aspirin Scrub for Softer Skin
An aspirin bottle on it's size with aspirin pills spilling out of it.
Using Aspirin for Sweat Stains
Aspirin
Giving Dogs Aspirin
Woman with Migraine Headache
Remedies for Migraine Headaches
🎉
🎄