Freeze Whipping Cream In Ice Cube Trays

When I buy whipping cream, I buy it on sale. Then I pour it into ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen I put the cubes in ziplock bags in the freezer. A cube is about 2 Tablespoons. It's great when you only need a couple tablespoons in a recipe.

By Linda A. from CT

I always wondered if you could freeze whipping cream; I thought that you probably could, but never researched it to see for sure. There's no telling how many cartons that I've had to throw away because of expiration. Freezing it in ice cube trays is a great idea, because lots of times you only need a little. Thanks for posting.

I do the same thing with fresh lemons. Sqeeze the juice into a pitcher. Pour into ice cube trays & freeze. Then pop into ziplock bags.

With tomato paste I measure out 1 T portions onto squares of plastic wrap. Twist closed & pop the individual portions into a zip lock.

I didn't think you could freeze fresh cream so have never tried, but I will now as it's Christmas in a few days. I use more at this festive time. So thank you for sharing this. Helen x

Can it be whipped after being frozen?

Hi, Are you talking about the liquid whipping cream, or when it is solid? -- ie whipped in the can. Can you whip it after it defrosts? This sounds like a great idea - especially when I bought too many to make ice cream with and run out of time. Thanks and looking forward to the answer. D

I never tried to freeze whipping cream because I buy 'heavy' cream in the pint size containers. I know it's mostly animal fat, so how could it freeze well? Doesn't it separate when it's thawed? If so, can it still be whipped?

Freezing Whipped Cream. Making Whipped Cream
Freezing Whipped Cream
Food and Recipes Freezing DairyNovember 25, 2008
Ice Cube Tray
Cleaning Odors From Ice Cube Trays
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
A chunk of stuck together ice cubes.
Keeping Ice Cubes from Sticking
Ice Cube Tray
Uses for Ice Cube Trays
🎄