Spray Fixative for Glitter

By Mary 1 1

I'd like to know if there's a spray that I can apply over my cards to set glitter that I have applied over glue. Seems like even after the glue dries, some of the glitter rubs off.

Thanks for any advice.

By Mary from Payson, AZ

Showing: Answers Sort

By Joan 13 1,479 Flag

There is some kind of a fixative that you can buy at art supply stores that artists use on their charcol and pastel drawings. I can't remember what it is called. In a pinch I have also used aerosal hair spray.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary 1 1 Flag

Thanks! That sounds just like what I need. I was told today that I may need to use Diamond Glaze when putting down a base for my glitter. That could be my problem also. I was using a quickie glue pen and it could've been my glue. But it's great to know that there is a fixative out there that I can use. Have a great day and thanks for replying! Mary

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By "stuffbydavid" 1 2 Flag

Here are some of the things I do.First off I use a very fine glitter,it looks nicer and holds better. I use glitter glue, use a clear glue then add glitter, then spray with a light coat of clear spray paint (Walmart). You can also press your glitter in after it sets for a while, do this before it drys. Use a sheet of wax paper or plastic wrap, put on you card and press the glitter in. With this you have to be careful not to move the paper around to much. Just press straight down. I have been putting glitter on cards (cheap cards - to make them fancy cards) for about 20 years. I would put glitter on everything if I could. LOL I love the stuff. I also sell glitter and the "Diamond Glaze", on eBay. Here is a link to my store - http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP ... ViewUserPage&userid=stuffbydavid - you will probably have to copy and paste the address. Or you can just go to eBay and put my store name in under stores. My store name is - stuffbydavid - put it in just like that. Come and visit, I have .99 sales all the time. I hope some of this helps you.

David

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By christi 93 320 Flag

You can use hair spray but only if this isn't something that's going to be kept for years, hair spray will eventually yellow. look in the artists section of your store and use the fixative they use for chalks and such. If this is just for cards that will be thrown away after the holidays then just use hair spray.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Glitter Tubes on White Background
Working With Glitter
Crafts AdviceNovember 9, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Body Glitter
Making Homemade Body Glitter
Homemade perfume in a glass bottle.
Homemade Perfume Recipes
Glitter
Making Homemade Glitter
Glitter Tubes on White Background
Working With Glitter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 11:09:08 AM on 10.0.1.169 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings