Browsing: 75th Birthday Party Ideas

Help Decorating My Father's 75th Birthday Party

Help! I have been chosen to be in charge of decorating for my fathers 75th birthday party at a church dining hall. I would like to do something fun but easy and not the traditional balloons and streamers something that our guests will remember. The color scheme will be dark blue, burgundy, and gold. Thanks!

Dmae

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Hello,

My family recently hosted an 80th birthday party for my grandfather and his twin brother at their church hall. It was great--almost like a family reunion (as since the "really old" members of the family have died and attendance at the reunions has been down). We did use the traditional streamers and balloons, however tried to use them in different ways.

As for the (helium) balloons, we used these clustered together instead of flowers and made a balloon arch over the cake table. Balloons often can fill out the corners and upper space in the room and help the room really come to life--so don't rule them out of your decorating. We used streamers down the tables (red and blue--WWII vets--both of them) and also used confetti on the table. The real clincher was photographs--all through the years-- of them scattered about the room. Make photocopies of your precious photographs and you guests can take these home with them. If you feel comfortable, you could display framed photos and have a table of photo albums for guests to look at. These are real conversation starters and jogs old memories.

Being 62 myself, I recall for 60. My children had a cake made with a pic of myself when i was a child on it. it was of course a Pic i had liked. The theme could be from his favorite past time or interest. It seems in these days ,we hear mostly negative. It would be nice to select some family and friends to mention a special time spent with your father or a lesson learned from him. He will be blessed by those expressions of Love more than anything you hang up. Bless You and Happy Birthday to your father...Don

Hello ,

One idea I came up with for my dh's b-day was to copy or scan in pictures of him through the years.. and then print. cut out and scatter all over the table. it was fun to hear his family reminance about old times :-)

I'm sure many would enjoy old photos of your father too..:-)

Lisa

I am in the throws of planning my mothers 80th. birthday party. Here are some things I am doing for her party. For centerpieces, I'm coupling flowers and items I am collecting from her past. While guests are waiting I created a crossword puzzle about her, the first person finished will receive one of the centerpieces. I am creating mini photo albums as favors for each male guest and since the first gift Mom ever received was a gold locket, I'm giving every famale guest a locket. I'm having several members of our choir appear and sing several songs from her youth. I'm also hiring a D.J./Karaoke person and asking some of our singing family members to sing songs. That's as far as I have gotten so far. Hope you can use some of these ideas. If you or any reader has any ideas, please email me.

I have come up with a few more ideas for my Mom's 80th birthday party so I thought I would share my new ideas. As I posted before, I am giving favors of mini albums for the men and lockets (Mom's first gift) for the ladies. I am putting together a collage of Mom's life in a unique way. I purchased several 2000 century US events CD's/Video. I am editing the Videos and fitting into the CD pictures of Mom's life during that period of time. There will be a total of 4 videos, each about 2 to 3 minutes long. The first will be the 20's & 30's. While the video is playing several members of her church choir will sing a song from that era.(I bought choir robes to make the event more striking) In the middle of the show my brother will sing "remember when" and I will show pictures of her with her children and grandchildren. The next part of the entertainment will be skits performed by her children and grandchildren entitled "lessons learned from Grammy"

I am still looking for a great finale. If anyone can think of something really neat. Please post a response.

Hi

I don't know if these ideas will work for you but they sure were a hit at my father's 80th birthday party! I constructed a scrabble board using his name in the center squares and then constructed the rest of the board using words that describe him. Building the board was a lot of fun and I used words like leader, respected, loved, visionary, mentor, witty, creative, generous, worldly, wise, energetic, dynamic, noble, and I was lucky enough with the layout to include best (down) father (across), building the father on the "t" of best. I also managed to fit in little but also descriptive words of my dad, like nice and fun to fill in spaces. I bought a scrabble board at Target and called the number on the instructions and had them send me the pieces for the upscale board in burgandy. I wrote my father's name and "best father" in that color and did the rest of the board in the normal color. I mapped out the board on scrap paper and then simply glued the letters on the board. I then had the board framed with a 3" mat. It made a great gift and hangs in my father's office. Another idea that worked really well was, I found pictures of my father with each of the people invited to the party. I framed each picture in an inexpensive 3" frame from Michael's and used them as place cards at each setting. Hope these ideas helped.

I purchased a "Remember When..." book dated 1926 that has events in the year of my mom's birth, you can usually get these books at Cracker Barrel. or newhaven.com. I then got information from this booklet, ie gallon of milk $.56, new car $360...I put them on the outer edges of an 8x10 copy paper, put her birthday and a black & white photo of her in the middle, went to The Party Barn, purchased -100- thin paper placemats 25 for $1.25, took them to the printer and they pressed my 8x10 paper on to the placemats to set on the tables.

I have been trying to find some unique party favors for my mom's 75th birthday party. Any ideas???

You guys are really good at this, hope you don't mind, but I think I'm going to use some of these ideas for my fathers birthday. One as well that I thought about doing along with this is playing a game with all the relatives and friends to see how well they know some of "his" history. Having a couple of different groups of questions and which ever table answers the most questions out of that group of questions would win a door prize.

Editor's Note: Ideas on ThriftyFun are shared for others to use so of course we don't mind. Have fun with it!

For my mom's 75th birthday, I am having a game for everyone to play. I found famous people born on the day (not year) she was born, and gave a description about them. I also added a pic of them, but whited out their faces and put a question mark there. I also have questions about well-known events that happened on the day (not year) she was born. Like...on May 16th in 1929, an awards show that is still around today made its first debut. Which awards show is it? I have a bonus question at the end of which weekday my mother was born. I am going to be giving away a GC to a restaurant for the top scorer.

75th Birthday Party
75th Birthday Party Ideas
Father's Day Candy Bouquet
Father's Day Candy Bouquet Ideas
Girl with Homemade Father's Day Card
Homemade Father's Day Cards
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating
75th Birthday
75th Birthday Party Centerpiece Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 14, 2016 at 6:42:59 PM on 10.0.0.105 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.