Growing Huckleberries in Florida

I love huckleberry jam, but I only get a taste of this yummy fruit in December when I go to Idaho for vacation. I want to be able to have it closer to home. I wanted to know if I can grow huckleberries in Miami, FL?

Hardiness Zone: 10b

By Tanya from Miami, FL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Yes you can-Gaylussacia frondosa var. tomentosa occurs naturally in pine flat woods on the southeastern Coastal Plain in Georgia, Florida and Alabama. G. frondosa var. frondosa occurs on the Piedmont in Virginia, Georgia and Alabama. Good luck.

You might also give your agricultural extension service a call. They should be in your phone book. You can also google "Florida Agricultural Extension Service" for links.

Huckleberries
Growing Huckleberries
Home and Garden Gardening BerriesJanuary 29, 2010
Florida pine snake
Identifying Florida Snakes
Ft. Lauderdale Beach in Florida.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Frugal Travel Guide
Florida Plumeria
Florida Gardening Tips and Photos
Little girl giving to Salvation Army.
Florida Christmas Charities
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:04:39 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.