Head Lice Solution Stain on Shirt

My son had head lice. When I used the solution on his head, I spilled some on my top. It has left a grease like stain on it. Any ideas on how I can get it off?

Kathryn from South Wales

If it's a special shirt, I'd bring it to a professional cleaner.

Or, you can call the company that makes the product and ask them?

You can safely and effectively kill lice with salt water or a sauna - learn how to kill lice without killing yourself or the earth......

The head louse (Pediculus humanus capitas) (DeGeer), the body louse (Pediculus humanus humanus) (Linnaeus) and the crab louse (Pthirus pubis) (Linnaeus) all occur on humans. All three cause considerable skin irritation as they feed on human blood or crawl on the body.

Human lice can establish and maintain themselves only on humans. A louse cannot hop or jump. They can, however, crawl fast. They are usually transmitted only through close personal contact. They are less frequently transmitted through the sharing of personal articles or toilet seats. For head lice, this includes combs, brushes and other grooming aids, hats, headbands, helmets, caps, headrests, wigs, curlers or other headgear, especially when these items are stored in shared lockers. They spread or infest by crawling, they live by biting and sucking blood from the scalp and can survive for up to 48 hours off a human head, and the nits on a hair shaft can survive from 4 - 10 days - so vacuum thoroughly and/or spray/clean with diluted Safe Solutions, Inc. Enzyme Cleaner with Peppermint.

Important Note: Pediculicide POISONS do not remove nits and are dangerous. Among the reactions to poison shampoo or lice "treatments" are seizures, mental retardation, many different allergies and respiratory problems, strange tingling, burning, itching, attention deficit disorders, brain tumors, leukemia, cancer and death.

I have used a sauna and/or salt water to safely and effectiely kill lice (but the nits remain).

I have also used &frac; oz. of Safe Solutions, Inc. Lice R Gone® Enzyme Shampoo and/or their Enzyme Cleaner with Peppermint per shampoo-type application to safely remove both lice and nits in a few minutes. These non-poisonous enzyme shampoos make the hair so slick lice and nits can't stick and lice can not live off the body for very long.

If you are still having lice problems, read the latest chapter http://www.thebestcontrol2.com.

In the course of treating our children for headlice we discovered a few things.

1. Mayo(the real stuff, not salad dressing or low cal) in the hair covered by a plastic shower cap left over night then rinsed with a solution of 1:2 vineager:water solution until out works as well or better than "RID".

2. As a preventative, mix 1 ounce of tea tree oil to one bottle of shampoo we use this mix once a week, with great success.

3. The stains that come from the treatments above washed out using Dawn dish soap or Spray and Wash. This was only done before the clothing was dried so if it has gone through the drier I am unsure if this would work.

4. About 10-14 days after you have iradicated them, do another treatment, even if you can't find any nits or other evidence of infestation, because it can be easy to miss the evidence.

Hope this helps.

If people would just use Tea Tree Oil shampoo & conditioner. You would never get head lice. You can get it from Swanson Health Products. Or just visit www.swansonvitamins.com

I never had head lice. I use it all of the time

Hi Thanks for everyones feedback, but I am not trying to find a way of getting rid of head lice, just how to remove the stain the lotion has left on my clothes. x

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 4, 2008
Mother Nits out of Her Daughters Hair
Preventing Head Lice
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
Someone using a nit comb on a child's hair.
Getting Rid of Head Lice
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄