Removing Pleats from Dress Slacks

I have several pair of dress slacks that have the pleats in the front panel. Now pleats are out dated -- does anyone know of a way to remove the pleats without ruining the appearance of the dress slacks?

Eva from Roscoe, IL

Try making darts or soft gathers where the pleats were.

you could call and ask either a dry cleaner or seamstress.

I dont think pleats can ever be outdated. The decision to wear pleats or not depends on body shape.

My tall, thin son wears his new pleated Dockers well. I think pleats are always a sign of youth. It may be because people usually put on weight as they age.

I used to hem and re-crease my husbands dress slacks all the time, did it many times. Put white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the area where you want the creases to go away. Only dampen the area. Make sure you are in a well ventilated area, when vinegar gets hot, it can be bad. Then iron the area you need flat, with the temperature on the iron for the material. Iron till you see the creases are gone. It doesn't take long. If the creases are not quite gone, spray again. I swear, this works. I have no idea where I heard about it, but it works fast and like a dream. I used to use a fan in the room, blowing the fumes away from me. I know it sounds bad, but it's not. Try it.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceJune 20, 2006
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Renewing Vows in a Wedding Dress
Choosing a Dress to Renew Your Vows
Wedding Dress Sale square
Saving Money on a Wedding Dress