Making a Towel Wedding Cake

You will need to buy two bath towels, two hand towels and two washcloths. Any color will do, but white works best for the affect of having a wedding cake.

Fold each in thirds or fourths (depending on how wide you want each layer) lengthwise. Starting at one end of the bath towel, start rolling as if rolling up a sleeping bag. Check carefully for folds coming undone and keep it tight! When you are a few inches from the end you can either safety pin the end to the end of the second folded towel, or carefully lay end on end and continue rolling to make one big "cinnamon roll". When you come to the end of the second towel, fold edges under and safety pin closed ensuring it is pinned to rolled towel to hold in place. Repeat this process with the hand towels and wash rags leaving you with three "cinnamon rolls".

Carefully stack the med. sized roll onto the large roll and then stack the small roll onto the medium roll to make a three-tiered wedding cake. You will need to safety pin discreetly in at least two places on each level to pin the layers together. You can decorate with silk flowers around the edges to cover up the pins.

I did this for my brother and his wife and they used it as a centerpiece to one of the tables at the reception! I bought two bath scrubbies that I pinned to the top as a cake topper. I bought several packs of trial size lotions, soaps, etc. and those foil packets of face scrub, etc. all perfect to take on the honeymoon and carefully placed around edges of cake and used tape to hold them to the towel. I used the strings of ribbon and silk flowers for the bottom edges of each layer and then used larger silk flowers for the tops of each layer. I did those in the wedding colors.

Everyone was taking pictures of that cake and went on and on about how cute it was. My sister in law didn't want to take it apart until she could show her mother. They drove 18 hours away with it in their car just to show it to her mom!

By Tawnda

Please post a picture. I would love to see it :)

Thank you so much for the easy to follow directions. I did find that it worked best with 3 of each (bath towels, hand towels and washclothes). And straight pins work better for sticking in the silk flowers. Thanks again!

this link has pics of one - i hope its the same - or near to the same :)

Does anyone have a picture of this?

A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Weddings GiftsSeptember 14, 2004
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Stack of Colorful Towels
Craft Uses for Towels