Novelty Christmas Gift Ideas

Novelty items make great inexpensive gifts and stocking stuffers for Christmas. This is a guide about novelty Christmas gift ideas.

September 10, 2008 Flag

I love to pick up novelty things when I go to craft shows, for stocking stuffers and such. I bought these last year and wanted to pass them onto my TF Family. If you are thinking of some kind of fund raiser or the kids want to make and sell some things for Christmas money, these are just cute and very cheap to make.

Some others that I don't have photos of would be to take some toasty oat cereal and some fruity ring cereals and put five or six in a small bag, make a cute hang tag and stick a magnet on the back and call them "Donut Seeds and Frosted Donut Seeds", cute huh?

Another I like is taking a clothes pin, gluing a washer to it and tagging it "The Worlds Cheapest Washer and Dryer", another big seller.

The local people sell them for $.50 or 3/$1.00 and everyone is happy. The ones I included are easy to make.

The snowman poop is just a packing peanut glued to a piece of index card that is cut into 1/6 pieces and I punched a hole in it. Yes, this one is mine.

The Redneck Quarter is of course, 3 pennies and a .22 bullet. You decide if you want the kids to be involved in this one.

The little block you can get from any Walmart or craft shop in bags. Then, just put it in the little bags and print out the "instructions" in word and there you are!

The cow seeds can be black and white, brown and white, or mixed.

The cheapest by far is the Penny Pincher. I get 24 clothes pins for $1.00 at the dollar tree, so they come out to be 4 cents each and then the penny. You are investing 5 cents and getting back at least 33 cents.

Everyone loves magnets, so use your imagination and you can make some cool cash this season! If nothing else, they are great for party favors, stocking stuffers and more. Enjoy!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

I did a couple last year myself, one was put chocolate covered raisons in a snack bag and you have raindeer poop. Or take dryer lint glue some wiggly eyes on it and you have a pet dust bunny. Family and friends loved that one they are so easy to take care of.

Top Comment

i had some one give me a little present one year it was a ziplock baggie that said...

You have been nauty this year so here is the scoop

all your getting for Christmas is snowmans poop

but it had minni marshmollows inside!!

it was really cute you can do that with the choclate covered raisens too nd just change the poem!!

Top Comment

This joke was a good laugh by some women ..

Boob Job

2 clear balloons 1 drinking straw ( cut a small piece to fit in a small bag )

Directions: Insert balloon into bra cup,insert straw into balloon and blow to desired size.Knot or clip to prevent shifting or air escape.Repeat for the other side .CAUTION:stay away from sharp objects or over squeezing .

Top Comment

Straw Hat

Put some straw in a zip-loc bag and attacha tag that reads "Straw Hat -- Assembly Required "

Top Comment

I put some dried beans in a small ziplock bag and labeled it "Redneck Bubble Bath". Went over big.

January 3, 2017 Flag

This is a guide about pet dust bunnies. If you are looking for a clever gag gift that doesn't cost much; here it is. These cuties are made of recycled dryer lint.

pet dust bunnies craft

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties Christmas GiftsNovember 6, 2016
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
pet dust bunnies craft
Pet Dust Bunnies
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 12:58:44 PM on 10.0.1.122 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.