Writing Notes in a Recipe Book

When I try a new recipe, I put the date beside the recipe in the book. I also add a short note such as "great," "add more salt," "family loved it" etc. so that I can be reminded the next time I use it if it was a success. Sometimes these notes also help me in choosing recipes to use--it is always helpful to know something was enjoyed the first time it was served!

By Becky from Watertown, WI

I do the same, but I just draw a happy face with either a smile or a frown

I do the same thing but mostly on the recipes I print from the internet. Those I keep in sheet protectors (a recipe printed on both sides of the paper) and in a binder. I pitch the recipe if I try and we don't care for and if it's a keeper then I write up my notes of how we liked it, and any changes I made or would like to make. I also keep a notebook with menus plus I write any notes about how my family likes particular menus. Our son is a picky eater so I especially like to keep track of the menus that he liked.

I sometimes highlight the recipes we like. Then it is easy to find them flipping through the pages.

Guess we all have codes , I write A 1 for great or Z 10, if not pitched

It's a great idea (I do it too!), one other note I'll make is side dish suggestions such as try with noodles

I do this, too. So if I make a "flop" the last thing I want to do is repeat it! Alot of times, when my hubby realizes it's not something I've fixed before, he'll ask, "Is this ANOTHER one of those Internet recipes?" He thinks my best cooking comes from regular cookbooks, than off the 'web'.

I've started writing in my cookbooks too. I've also included in my club and church cookbooks about who the people were to me.

As for buying a cookbook with notes from a yard sale or thrift shop - - added treasures from someone you may never know.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsOctober 18, 2006
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Writing on a smartphone.
Writing Notes Without Paper
thank you note ideas
Sending Thank You Notes
🎄
🍂