Removing Black Mold From Grout

I have some mold on the grout in my shower. I've used bleach and hydrogen peroxide with no luck. Any ideas on how to get rid of it without spending a small fortune?

By Carmiegirl from Kissimmee, FL

Answer

I have serious black mold in the grout between the tiles over my bathtub/shower. All the mold removal tips I can find depend on gravity, like letting bleach or other concoctions soak in over time. How can I do this? I'm hoping it can be accomplished without my arms falling off.

Thanks.

Jamjar

Removing Black Mold From Grout

EASY-OFF BAM Multi-Surface Power "Toilet Cleaner"

Just run this gel down your grout lines. Walk away for 5 minutes. (Or sit and watch it work.) The black mold will be gone. Zero scrubbing. Just rinse with water. Also, work quickly the bleach smell is heavy.
I promise your grout lines will be printer paper white. Scouts Honor! ...did I mention NO scrubbing. (06/16/2008)

By alcorn1871

Removing Black Mold From Grout

At Home Depot or Lowe's, get Krud Kutter. I buy the gallon ($11.35) and put some in a spray bottle and spray my tile and grout which hadn't been cleaned for many months. It did run some, but what was left worked on the grout. I just rinsed it all off and now it is sparkling clean.

I also use it on the tile/grout in my breezeway, as my 2 adoptees (Shih Tzu dogs) have never been housebroken and the urine stain is "renewed" daily by them. Again, I just spray, have a cup of coffee, then mop with clean water. Stain gone til they use the same spot again. Just "don't" use it on any finished wood, as it will strip off the finish and the color. I even use about 1/4 cup in washing machine for soiled dog beds. (06/17/2008)

By JoanDogs

Removing Black Mold From Grout

I would spray with a bleach and water solution and lightly brush everyday (don't kill yourself). Eventually it will come clean, then you'll just need to spray after showers and brush once a week. Good luck. (06/18/2008)

By mulberry204

Removing Black Mold From Grout

Have you tried vinegar to remove the mold? (06/18/2008)

By Ayin

Removing Black Mold From Grout

I read to use Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, and I did this. It took 2 or three days of reapplying and scrubbing, but it eventually came clean. (08/04/2008)

By tammym09

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomFebruary 22, 2010
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 5:02:36 PM on 10.0.2.249 in 689 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.