Soil Has Eroded Away from Foundation

On one side of my house there are no gutters, expect for a single rain spout. Over time the soil has eroded away from the concrete foundation. I plan to get gutters, relocate that spout and add a small retaining wall. But I know that can get expensive. Does anyone have a solution other than a retaining wall? Could I just add soil and shrubs once I move the rain spout?

By Zendora from Dallas, TX

I would say Yes you must relocate it. I think however if you do move the rain spout you can purchase an extension for it and have it drain away from the house. As long as it in not blocking a walkway or is a hazard. Then you can replace the soil and plant shrubs make sure to slant away from the foundation..

Make sure you do inspect the foundation for any damage before you decide to fill in with soil and plants/shrubs.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceApril 21, 2009
Three brightly colored bras in a row.
Saving Money on Bras
Woman Applying Foundation Makeup
Finding Good Inexpensive Foundation Makeup
Cans of different colored paint.
Painting a Concrete Foundation
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight