Hubcap Yard Art

Is there any way I can use hubcaps as yard art?

Betty from Lubbock, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

They could be some interesting snowmen and add some lights, awesome.

Depending on the type of hubcaps, you could bury part of them with them standing up and arrange them around a flower bed, as a border of a sidewalk, or if they are deep enough you could use them for birdseed and hang in trees, you may have to drill some holes in them to do this, but the old Ford (I think) pickup hubcaps were deep enough for a bird bath, just keep it clean and low enough to check the water level regularly.

If you are a welder or whatever it would take, you could make all sorts of things. Just let your imagination soar!

Tina

You could make birdbaths from them . My neice made me one out of an old washpan of my Mom's. She cut a small tree from the woods and drilled hole in pan. Used a rubber gasket or silicone to seal aroung after screwing it to the tree, Then add a base to make it stand. I don.t know why the hub cap wouldn't work. Could use landscaping timbers also.

I'm with Tina, above. I'm also thinking that they would make great squirrel baffles for any hanging birdfeeders you might have, too! And maybe sundials...?

stepping stones?

Yes you can make anything into yard art

Recycled materials make a garden flower.
Recycled Garden and Yard Art
Crafts Recycled CraftsFebruary 23, 2009
Recycled garden art. A man made from recycled clay pots.
Making Recycled Garden Art
A gnome in a garden.
Preventing Yard and Garden Theft
Photo of three red bricks.
Craft Ideas for Bricks
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:39:13 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.