Lights for Glass Block Decorations

I am so discouraged as I still cannot find the white, one ended Christmas lights for the glass blocks. I have gone to Home Depot, Wal-mart, the Dollar Store, Michaels and Canadian Hardware to no avail. Help!

Kathy

Does anyone have a pattern for adding lights and posters to the blocks?

My aunt made me one and I use the dollar store lights and I had some purple ones and it was cool. I use it in the bathroom, right now I keep forgetting to buy lights for it maybe now with Christmas coming up I will stock up on them and they are not that expensive. I just love mine.

How do you get the lights in the glass blocks?

Hello, Shirley,

This is a link to a Carol Duval show with glass block ideas.

http://www.hgtv.com/holidays-occasi ... hoebox-glass-block-lights/index.html

And to Kathy (from Canada)

I just use a regular string of Christmas lights (35 lights, I think).

Also, if you use LED lights, the block won't be hot.

Good luck and keep the light shining!

maryjoyful

These mini light strands can be found at Ben Franklin's in clear, and I have also found them at Family Dollar Stores in clear and multi-colored. Beautiful by the way! I also believe that I have bought the lights at Hobby Lobby and Michael's craft stores.

Glass blocks can be found at Yard Sales for 50 cents on up.

The most I have ever paid is a dollar. Found a 12x12 block.

Still trying to figure out what to do with it though. Also you can get a different look if you make a stand from base broads with a lip the size of the block. Drill a hole in the "base" & Use a night light/spring. Here is a web sight for Diamond Drill bits. www.drillglass.com or www.diamondburs.com. They also give you hints on drilling glass plus many other ideas for glass. If you don't want to use so many lights, check out Christmaslites.com. Good luck everyone.

My Daughter is getting married and I am using the glass blocks (nine in all) to make a square (the center being empty) to place the wedding cake on display. Does anyone have any suggestions for putting lights in these blocks?

You buy the lights during the holiday time and stock up. I check out Target, Menards and Big Lots, Dollar General & Walmart too. for the small narrow blocks I use the 20 lights, for the medium size blocks the 35 and large - 50 lights,

I usually try to get the 50 lights with white wire!!! and then I also buy the multi set from the same store and can interchange the bulbs on the white wire and spice up the color a bit, but they need to be from the same maker, also 20,35 and 50 light sets cannot be interchanged as the voltage is different and you will burn the set out or it won't work at all.

Another thing that iIdo is if a set of 50 lights or more has plugs on both ends, I snipped off the plug i do not need (as if you were to plug it in to another set) I then wrap the wires individually with black electric tape and then both together. Feed this end in first to the hole you have drilled either on the bottom or back side. Good luck!

You can buy clear glass blocks at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Hobby Lobby has them on sale for half price often. These blocks come with a hole in the blocks to put lights in. You can buy the lights there also. I usually put 20 in the 5x5 and 35 in the 7x7 blocks. During the Christmas holiday you can buy them at Lowes as well. They are bigger and come in white, green or red. They have the holes in them as well.

I need white lights for glass blocks for a school project. Please help cheap lights.

November 12, 2008 Flag

How many lights do you use for the glass block decorations?

Kelly from Dallas, TX

Answers:

Lights for Glass Block Decorations

My husband and I made these, on the large blocks we used 100 lights and in the small we used 50 lights. They are such a pretty craft. (12/19/2007)

By Linda

Lights for Glass Block Decorations

Be careful! My dad made these for each of us last year and we are having to take the lights out and put in a smaller set because the 50 he used make the glass very, very hot! I think we will try 25. They are beautiful though. (12/19/2007)

Lights for Glass Block Decorations

I find that a string of 35 is just right. But I never can find the clear bulbs on white strands in that size. I can find strings of 35 in green only and it just doesn't look the same! If you ever find strands of 35 with white cords... stock up! (12/19/2007)

By tms421

Lights for Glass Block Decorations

I use a string of 20 lights on white wire. I'm a wholesale buyer, so I get my lights for $1.25 at a wholesale supplier. You can get strings of lights at the dollar stores, dollar general, or at craft stores. (12/20/2007)

By Connie Windsor, Pa.

Lights for Glass Block Decorations

I got mine from Walmart and Dollar General. They didn't have two ends to them. Also, Hobby Lobby carries them with the white wiring instead of green. (01/29/2008)

By kellie366

Crafts Glass ArtNovember 24, 2008
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
🎉
🎄