Making Pillows From Placemats and Washcloths

Does anyone remember how to make the old fashioned washcloth pillows?

By Patty from NY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

December 9, 2010 Flag

I made these pillows for Christmas for family members, but you could make them for any reason or decor. I bought at the dollar store the sets of 4 placemats with matching runner for $5, per set. Then I took 2 placemats and sewed them together, turned them inside out and stuffed with poly filled pillows that I bought at the same store on sale, 2 for $4. I cut the pillow open and used the stuffing, each pillow will stuff two of the theme pillows, and sew the bottom together. I put the 2 pillows together with the runner in the middle and tied it with pretty ribbon. Each family had 2 pillows for their sofa and a matching table runner for the coffee table. Everyone loved them. I would send a picture, but I have already packed up Christmas. Some of them were snowmen, angels, Christmas trees, wreaths and reindeer.

By Barbara from Wiggins, MS

Answers:

On a home improvement show I saw a neat pillow that had been made out of a bathroom rug! (01/25/2007)

By Debbie52

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 24, 2007 Flag

Can't find pillows to match for your bedroom, den, or living room? Try placemats and washcloths! Take a pair of place mats or washcloths and some stuffing, and you can make your own pillows to match your decor perfectly! There are many designs and shapes available for everyday and holiday decor, and it can be cheaper to make than the premade pillows!

By Pamela W.

Answers:

There are also some lovely cloth napkins at thrift stores that can coordinate with your decor. Also table runners at the thrift make great long "bolster" type pillows.

By cjgeo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts SewingDecember 9, 2010
Fabric Napkin
Making Fabric Placemats and Napkins
Purple Placemat
Uses for Placemats
Tulip Placemats
Making Crocheted Placemats
Wax Paper Flowers
Making Wax Paper Placemats
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:08:09 AM on 10.0.2.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.