Conversion Help

A recipe I have calls for 100g/4oz of flour and 50g/2oz of butter.. How much flour and butter is that?

The recipe probably comes from a foreign source that doesn't routinely use our American measuring system (hence the grams that are listed first). You should read the recipe as, "100g OR 4 oz..." and "50 g OR 2 oz...". According to my measuring cup, 4 oz. is about 1/2 cup, and 2 oz. is about 1/4 cup. Hope this helps you, and the recipe turns out delicious!

HI, I'm catching up on email, and saw your plea for help. 4 oz. of flour would be 1/2 cup, and 2 oz. of butter would be 1/4 cup. I hope this helps Good Luck with your recipe. HUGS AND MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS Ruthie / squigit2 @ (remove spaces)

Food and Recipes Food Tips ConversionsAugust 28, 2005
measuring cup
Standard/Metric Conversions for Recipes
Film Slide
Converting Slides to a Digital Format
Converting a Rental into a Condo
chicken broth
Substituting Bouillon Cubes with Bouillon Granules